Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Quite free for Haiti?

(Eye: this is not malaprensa)
The seemingly widespread scandal amazes me a little because the banks receive commissions for doing transferences on having done donations for Haiti.
In general if I want to deposit a money in a foreign account (let's suppose that of a bank different from mine) I have several ways of doing it: the free some (I go to my bank, I 'stand in line in window or use the cash dispenser, extract money, go to the bank where the account is, 'stand in line again, and deposit the money) and others that it are not (from the cash dispenser of my bank, or by phone or for Internet, or 'standing in line in window, I arrange a transference, the bank does it and normally he receives a commission from me). The second ones are normally more comfortable and rapid than the first ones, and that's why the bank charges from me, which is explained because it does the easiest life to me and gives me a service that I appreciate. If the price seems expensive to me, I can always resort to the free options.
But it seems that if I want to transfer the money to an account of an ONG in the direction of Haiti the bank is also forced to give me the service that gives me (to me, not to the Haitians). I do not see why, frankly (safe, clear, that the bank has promised to do it, as he affirms in this news about The Country, although the management bank speech rather of a custom, not a commitment).
Following this logic, and still with more reason, I suppose that the air companies must not receive the tickets from the cooperating ones, firemen, or journalists who have traveled there. Or if they want a more nearby similar one, which must not charge are the travel agencies, for the commissions to express the tickets. Those of transport of goods should not receive the freightages either. The telephone companies must give to the ONGs the calls to Haiti (or related to Haiti, if it was possible to know which are). I imagine that all the newspapers must publish free whole the announcements these days asking for donations. And the news agencies that design these announcements will make them free. And those who make or sell sanitary material, I imagine that they will have to give it to the ONGs... and this way ad infinitum. I wonder if the journalists (especially the freelance) that are in Haiti should resign to his salary of these days, do not be going to be that anybody accuses them of taking advantage of the catastrophe. In fact, every employee of humanitarian ONG who receives a salary, for definition, lives of the foreign evil. Scoundrels!

No comments:

Post a Comment